Candy Corn is cute. Just thought I would throw that out there.
I have been seeing a lot of people making candy corn around the blog land, and thought I would make my own take on it.
The hardest part was cutting them out. I almost lost a finger (ok, not really. But what if I had? That would be the worst!) When I had finished with the cutting, the round parts weren't really round and they definitely didn't look like candy corn. I was a little discouraged (which is why I didn't take a picture of them.) Even my husband asked me what they were. Bad.
Before I could give up on them, I decided to try sanding them down. As luck would have it, it worked. It took an enormous amount of sanding to get them to the right shape, but I persevered and..... success!
After I sanded, I painted them and then added an antiquing paint over the top to make them look a little more rustic. Then I sanded the edges so a little bit of the white beadboard would show through. Add a little bit of rafia and ta-da!
I know just where I am going to put them. It is actually a big project I have been working on. (it's not fall or Halloween related I swear) You won't want to miss out on this one! I just finished it last night and will be posting about it tomorrow.