Monday, February 28, 2011

A week off

I will admit, I needed to take this last week off for a lot of reasons.  I needed a chance to recover after four intense weeks of competing in the Crafting with the Stars Competition.  It was especially tiring because as it turns out, I'm pregnant!  Surprise!  I'm not very far along, so I am in the "I am just really tired all the time" stage.  On top of this pregnancy, we have had the flu around here and am glad that it is finally gone.  I am not one to (sorry for this image) puke a lot.  In fact, I realized that this was the first time in the four and a half years that I have been married that I actually puked.  It was not my favorite, but it made me realize just how fortunate I am to be pregnant and feel pretty normal through the whole thing. 

Why am I telling you this?  I don't know.  This week has just been a week of reflection, and part of that was reflecting on the fact that I am a healthy person and I am grateful about that.

Another thing I have always been fortunate to have is a huge family.  When I was born, I had 2 Great-Great Grandmothers, 3 Great Grandmas, 2 Great Grandpas, and 2 sets of grandparents.  Not too many people have that, and I am coming to realize it more and more as my life goes on.  My Great-Greats are gone, and my remaining Great Grandma just passed away on Thursday.  I still feel fortunate that I had so many important people in my life for so long, and I am so blessed that I still have both sets of grandparents there to love, but it doesn't make the loss any easier. 


 My Great-Grandmother holding my daughter, Lillie when she was about two months old.


So, in this week of new life and of losing a beloved great grandmother, I took a much needed break from this blogging world.  I will be back this week with some projects that I have in mind though, so make sure to check back in the next couple of days.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

Congrats on being pregnant!!! How fun :)

Lisa Fliehman said...

What a precious picture and congrats on being in the baby way!

Unknown said...

Sweetie, I'm so sorry about your Grandma! Hugs to you and yours!!!
xoxo

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

Jonie,
I'm so sorry about your great-Grandma. No matter how expected it might be, it's always hard. Sending love and prayers your way.
But YAY on the baby news! So happy for you and your family. :)
xoxo,
Amy

Peggy said...

Congratulations!