Friday, May 27, 2011

POV {Pillows}

This month's POV seemed to creep up on me and almost caught me completely by surprise!  Luckily, I did finish my pillow, but just barely.

Check out all these cute pillows!


2. Michelle (A Little Tipsy)
3. Me
4. Gwen (Gwenny Penny)

Not participating this month:
* Camilla (Rosy Red Buttons)

Go over to the other blogs and check out the pillows there!  They are so cute!  

Also, there is a linky party going on over at Gwen's blog, so be sure to go link up your pillow projects!  We can't wait to see them and feature our favorites which means it could be YOUR pillow we feature!  So exciting, I know. :)

Now, for a little about my pillow.  I decided I wanted to make a fun, fresh and bright pillow for my front porch.  These pictures however, weren't taken on my porch, but rather they were taken on my mom's porch because mine is just sad.  I am hoping to fix that sometime soon though *wink* so watch out for that. 


I unfortunately don't have a tutorial for this one simply because I didn't have my camera with me while I was making it, but I think it is pretty straight forward and easy.


The one thing I will tell you is that to make the monogram, I first cut out my "S" using cardstock on my silhouette machine.  Then I pinned it to my fabric and cut around the "S" like a stencil.  I wish I had the special fabric mat for my silhouette because it would have been so much easier and cut more precise, but this worked as well.  To attach it, I just top stitched it to the yellow fabric.


I hope you like it!  And don't forget.....go LINK UP your pillows! :)
Pin It!

3 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

It turned out so cute, Jonie! I'm so glad you got it done. ;) I love the trim between the different fabrics- it adds such a finished look to it! Can't wait to see the porch improvements!
xoxo,
Amy

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Great fabrics, Jonie. I love the idea of a monogrammed pillow on the front porch. Really pretty.

Unknown said...

I am impressed with the S monogram. That has to be one of the hardest letters to sew. There is no way I could do a B. If only my monogram was a nice easy letter like an L or an I. :)