Friday, February 24, 2012

POV {Green}

When I thought of what to do that would fit the "green" theme, I kept thinking of spring.  I can't seem to stop thinking about it since the weather here in Utah has been unseasonably warm and I love it.  With the change in the weather, I needed a change in the decor.  I thought that a fun pom pom garland would be great on my mantle.  So, I made one.


You may be thinking, "how does that even apply?"  Well, I did use some green yarn.  See? 

Anyway, on to the tutorial!


To make your very own cutsie pom garland, you will need to get a couple of things:

*Yarn (I used pink, blue, yellow and green yarn)
*Invisible thread
*Needle
*Scissors
*A piece of cardboard (mine was about 2 1/2 inches wide)

Begin by winding your yarn around the cardboard.  I did it 30 times, but you can do more or less depending on how fluffy you want the ball to be.


Then slide the yarn off of the cardboard and using a piece of the same color of yarn, tie a knot around the yarn to hold it in place. 


After you have it knotted, you will cut the loops on both sides.  It will be kind of uneven all over.  Simply trim it down to the size that you would like.



After you have all your poms made, you will thread your needle with the invisible thread and then run it through the middle of the poms connecting one to the other.  It might be a good idea to set them out to decide what pattern you would like before you string them together. 


Hang the garland where ever your heart desires and ta-da!  You are finished.  A fun little hint of Spring (and green) in your house!


Oh, and don't forget about the linky party going on right here!  I want to see your green projects!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I think this is so cute, Jonie! I love the colors. It has me thinking about spring, too!

Life With Lucy said...

So cute and happy! I have recently been wondering what the best way to make pom pom garland is and this is really helpful! Thanks so much for sharing!

The Conrad Family said...

So cute!! That would be something I could do with the kids! Winter is SO long here so some early spring colors would feel wonderful! Thanks for the idea! You are so clever!!