Monday, July 9, 2012

Wall Art Part 2

 Several weeks ago, I promised to show you what I hung with my family photo wall art.  Today is the day!  I finally got a tutorial written and am so excited to show you how it all looks!  Here is how my room looks all together.

This is how I made the frames:  I started with a 1X4 piece of wood and a piece of fancy trim molding.  I simply cut the wood at a 45 degree angle to create a square.  I did the same for the molding. The insides of the frames are cut to be 8 inches square, which makes the outsides about 14 inches square. I used wood glue to hold the pieces all together. Then I used a wood filler on the joints so that it was nice and seamless and sanded it.  Last, I painted the frame yellow and the trim white.  I used wood glue to hold those together.  

I cut the molding so that the trim hangs over the edge of the frame which created a perfect place to hold a photo.  

The metal piece above came from Hobby Lobby.  I got in on sale for $15 when it was normally $39!  What a steal!  I love it.  

This space is slowly coming together, but I am pleased with it so far.  Someday I will say "I think it will stay like this now."  Today is not that day.  Wanna see what I mean?  I am always adjusting and re-adjusting things.  Here are my current thoughts about what should be different.

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me.  It has definitely come a long way, and I feel like it morphs with my maturing style. (is there such a thing) I still don't think it is a true reflection of what I love though.  A little at a time.

Pin It!


stephanie said...

Where did you get that beautiful rug?

Derek and Emily said...

There is something so cute everywhere you turn in your house! Love it!

Lorene (just Lu) said...

I love the layout! And I'm with Stephanie -- I love the rug! Where did you get it?

Jonie Marie said...

I got the rug from the Urban Outfitters online store. They have a ton of really great rugs for really affordable prices.