Monday, August 13, 2012

Backpack for School

I recently attended a blogger event that was held at IKEA in Draper, UT.  If you have never been there, you are seriously missing out.  They were so hospitable!  They let me bring my daughters with me, treated us to breakfast, and then let us have a mini shopping spree. 


Since my daughter is starting school next week, I knew that I should probably get a backpack for her.  I LOVE these that they are selling.  I also found this fun notebook, and it got the wheels turning in my head.  I just HAD to combine the two.


Using acrylic paint, and a Sharpie marker, I transformed this backpack into a one of a kind that my daughter will always know is hers.  At first when I put the paint on, I was a little worried it was a stupid idea.  BUT as soon as I got the Sharpie marker on it, I decided that I liked it after all. Take a look at the difference a little black marker can make!


I love the sketchy look of it, and the bright colors.  Even better than that though, is that my daughter loves it.


IKEA released their catalog and gave us one at the event, and flipping through it I saw that there are a lot of awesome new products in the store.  They have revamped a lot of their stuff.  You should definitely go check it out!

Thanks IKEA!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

What a great idea! That turned out so cute! She's going to be the envy of all her friends at school.

Jess Cox said...

I was at the event too...I wish I could have gotten to meet you! This is an awesome idea! I really like it!

Unknown said...

We were at the IKEA event too! We love your cute post and would love to have you link up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday at sixsistersstuff.com with your fun ideas! We are also hosting a Build Your Blog Conference on Feb. 16, 2013 in Salt Lake City. You can link up on our blog or go to buildyourblogconference.com. We hope to hear from you soon. -The Six Sisters

Tausha said...

I love this! My kids are complaining that they need new backpacks. They don't really "need" one, they just want one. I am loving how you made this over. So creative. You are one talented lady! I was at the event too, sad we didn't meet. Maybe at the next one. Have a happy week!

Tausha
sassystyleredesign.com