Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wedding Gift Idea

This is one of my favorite things to give as a wedding present.  (I accidentally just wrote weeding present. Good thing I caught that one.)  


It is easy to put together, useful for the newly weds, and it can be as personalized as you would like it to be.  Here's the break down of everything in the gift.  

You start with mixing bowls.  You can do just one, or you can give a full set.  In the photo, I have two bowls which made it easier to put things up where they could be seen.  Next, I have a cake mix, and last I have a recipe card holder with a stack of recipe cards that I printed out.  I actually got the recipe card holder from my mom who found it at the thrift store.  I sanded it, painted it and added vinyl.  Keep your eyes open for these because you can basically find them anywhere. The magnet was just one that I had on hand, and it worked perfectly to hold the cards in place.  If you would like to use the recipe cards that I made either for yourself or for a gift, you can find the link to the printable below.  Make sure to print onto card stock for better durability.

***Printables are for followers of Just Between Friends only.  I would love it if you would follow along if you aren't already!  Thanks!


You can make this gift even more personalized by including your favorite recipe on one of the cards and then instead of a cake mix, including all of the non-perishable items that you would need to make the recipe on your card.  


Other ideas would be to include baking items such as a bag of sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, or pretty much anything along those lines.  They are things that people don't really think about until they need to use them for the first time.  And, in my experience, the baking items tend to add up really quickly, so it is nice to have a base supply on hand. 
Pin It!

1 comment:

collette said...

So cute! I love giving things that are personalized a bit.