Friday, August 27, 2010

Bulletin Board

A while back, I found this magnificent magnetic board at the DI.  I got it for 3 whole dollars.  Back then it was navy blue and definitely needed a makeover.  I went to the local craft store, Roberts, and found some cute scrapbook paper.  All I had to do was to first paint the sides of the frame brown, cut the paper to size, mod podge it on and finally antique the edges with brown ink.  And wah-lah!  There you have it.  A fun and functional bulletin board. 





To make the flower magnets, I bought some silk flowers (also from Roberts).  All you do is remove the stem, glue a magnet to the back and hang it on the board. 



I used the same method to make the smaller frames as I did the magnet board.  I love the way it turned out. 
Pin It!

No comments: