Amy from the Idea Room posted on her blog facts about herself and asked that we do the same thing on our own blogs. I don't really get too personal on this blog, so figured maybe you would want to learn a little about me. Or maybe not. Either way, I'm still doing this.
1. I am the oldest of 6 kids. (Also known as the guinea pig.) There are 5 girls and 1 boy in my family. Don't feel too bad for him though. He really is the spoiled one in the family.....oh and my youngest sister Annie is spoiled too, of course.
(See? Lots of girls.)
2. I have always loved creating music. I grew up in a very musical family and some of my fondest memories are of spending time in the music room with my mother. She would sing while I would accompany her on the piano.
3. I broke my nose playing water balloon volleyball at a youth activity when I was 14 years old. One of the guys thought it would be fun to pour a drink cooler full of water over my head. The cooler hit me on the bridge of my nose and my face immediately got so swollen that you couldn't tell where my nose ended and my cheeks began. Not one of the funnest days of my life.
4. As a family, we have always thought it best to share our musical talents. When I was really young and there were only three girls in the family, my mom would dress the three of us in matching outfits and teach us a song and dance routine that we would perform at different places. We could be found at retirement homes and church activities alike. (I hate matching.)
5. My first year of college, I was on the ballroom dance team up at USU. Our team won second place at an international competition we went to in Vancouver. I also won 6th place for cha cha and 2nd for waltz. Don't expect me to be able to re-create some of those moves to prove it though. I definitely can't move the same as I used to.
6. I don't really love chocolate. If given the choice of a candy, I would prefer something fruity. I love swedish fish and twizzlers especially. (If you can't follow me anymore because of that, I guess I can understand.) Just kidding. Please keep following me :)
7. My mom used to try to get us on April Fools day. One year she convinced me there was a snake in the toilet that would come up and bite me. I still have to check the toilet before I can sit down.
8. I have my Bachelors Degree in Music. I've played the flute for almost 14 years and was able to pay for my college with my flute scholarship.
9. My most embarassing moment of my life happened just over a year ago. Maybe if I tell you about it I will be less mortified, but probably not. My husband had taken a...well...less than modest picture of me in a bikini on his cell phone. I didn't think about it again until one day he was showing his dad some pictures of houses that we had been looking at to buy. John apparently didn't realize that they had reached the end of the house pictures. My father in law said, "John, why would I want to see that." That was all I needed to hear to know just what he had seen. My father in law was kind and told me that he didn't see anything. I will never let my husband take another picture of me again. Just FYI.
Well, now you know a little bit more about me. Maybe a little bit too much. Play along and share some fun facts too!