Monday, November 7, 2011

fall wreath

About a week after I had my daughter, my mom brought me all of the things I would need to be able to make a wreath for my front door.  We had been talking about what kind of wreath we should make for a while and so we both made one.  Here is what mine turned out like:


Here is how I made it:

I started out with an old nasty water noodle.  I duct taped it into a circle and used it as my wreath form.  Super cheap and super easy.  It worked like a charm!


Next, I wrapped the wreath in burlap so that none of the wreath form was showing.


I used a nice green moss next to cover the burlap.  The easiest way to get the moss to stick was to cover a section of the burlap with some hot glue and pat the moss down on it. 




Next, I hot glued some pumpkins onto the moss.  the finishing touch was adding a big burlap bow to the top.  The best way to get it to stay exactly the way I wanted it to was to use straight pins.  It was so convenient.


To hang it, I simply used a strip of burlap and some thumb tacks.  I tacked it to the top of my door.


I love it because I can leave it up through October and November without having to change anything.

Pin It!

No comments: