Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentines Day Mantel

I think I have some explaining to do.  When I posted my pics from my mantel on Friday with the POV, I explained that I needed to finish a certain project on the right hand side of my mantel and take new pics.  Well, I got the project finished and on the mantel, and it just looked off balance.  So, I changed pretty much the whole thing.  I placed and replaced every. single. thing. about 20 times.  Seriously.  I have the pics to prove it.  Thanks to my very patient and decorating savvy aunt who helped me via texted photos (thanks Teresa!) I was able to achieve the balance that I needed.

Phew.

Ok.  Here it is:


And the close ups:





The tree is the thing that I had intended for the right side of my mantel.  I simply took some old tree branches, added some fake blooms onto the branches with a little hot glue, and then I made some cute heart ornaments to hang on the tree.



 I am so happy with the way it turned out.  I will be showing you where I put my mailboxes, tomorrow.  Plus I will show you what I intend to do with them starting on Wednesday.  You may want to run to Target and get some of your own from the dollar section before then so that you can have the supplies ready.  Just sayin.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Charli said...

Love it!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

very cute Jonie! :)

Carli-Made by Carli said...

Very pretty! I have the same red vase on my mantel!

Andrea said...

Very nice. You are so creative.

Lisa Fliehman said...

Very Pretty! Love the burlap/heart banner.

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

What a pretty mantel and bunting! We would love for you to share this at our link party! Our readers love everything burlap!

www.uncommondesignsonline.com

Take care,

Trish @ Uncommon