Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day Card

I wanted to show you the cards that I made for my mom and my mother in law for mother's day.  I was so excited with the way they turned out! 


Here's the run down of all of the parts.  The flowers are our finger prints.  I wrote the name of the person that made the flower underneath it.  This was a lot of fun for my two year old to do and she just wanted to keep going even after the cards were finished.  I used the end of a paint brush dipped in some yellow paint to create the middle of the flower.  Once it dried, we used stamp pads and made sure that the middle of the finger was over the flower middle and the tip is the part that makes up the petal.


The quote is one that once I saw it, I knew it was perfect for the front of the card.  I really love the message it has.


For my birthday, my husband got me the Spellbinder machine.  I was first introduced to it at the SNAP conference (yes, I realize I never wrote a re-cap.  I need to get on that.)  and immediately fell in love.  I love that it can cut as well as emboss, stencil, and it can cut a ton at a time.  Did I mention that it can also cut balsa wood?  Cause it totally can.  I am stoked to try that out.  Anyway, while at SNAP, I got some of the scalloped oval nesting dies for the Spellbinder to try out, and this was the perfect opportunity to do it.  (The yellow part behind the quote is the part that I am talking about.) I love the texture and the pop of color.  It was totally easy to cut out and made me even more excited about my Spellbinder.

Lastly, I added the washi tape.  I love love love washi tape.  The texture and patterns are limitless as well as the application that you would use it for.  I really liked the way that it outlined the quote.


There you have it.  My mothers day card for the two mothers in my life. 
Pin It!

No comments: