Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Little Ghost-ies 2 Ways

Halloween is getting closer.  You can feel it in the air, you can see it in the stores, and you can taste it in the yummy treats of fall.  I love Halloween.  I know I've said it before, but I just had to say it again.

If you are looking for another quick decor item for your house, or if you are in need of a center piece for a Halloween party, these would be the perfect choice! I have two different fun ways to create ghosts.  (or Pumpkins, or Frankenstein.)

I was sent the cute faces and wood from Fab Decor to create the ghosts with. My cousin Dorothy was over at my house the other day and I asked her if she would like to do a project with me, so I pulled this out for her to make.  The ghosts whipped up in no time. 


All you need to do is paint the blocks white, sand the edges, put the vinyl face on, and add a tulle bow if you would like to.

Easy and cute!

This second option was a lot of fun.  I was recently asked to be a part of Activity Days which is an activity that takes place every other week and is held for the girls in my church that are ages 8-11.  I am in charge of the 11 year olds, and I thought this would be the perfect activity for them to try.  Turns out, I was right!  It was a total hit.  If my 11 year olds can make these, so can you!


The basic tutorial is simple.  Paint your mason jar with mod podge and then apply tissue paper.  You can use one big piece, or you can do like we did and kind of piece it together.  It all ends up looking about the same anyway.  I had the girls apply the paper to the outside of the jar so that there wouldn't be any fire hazards. We had three options.  White, orange, and green tissue paper which would make a ghost, pumpkin, Frankenstein, and at the end I realized it could even be a witch!

Once it is dry, apply the cute vinyl faces.  


I had the girls leave the can ring on so that it has a more finished look up on top, but left the jar open for venting purposes.  Then I wrapped wire around the jar to create a handle of sorts.  I used an 18 gauge wire and it worked great.  

Last the girls decorated the wire to make it look like hair on top of their lantern, or a bow.  They turned out so so cute.  They really would be the perfect centerpiece at a party.  They look so spooky glowing in the dark.  We used glow sticks since we were in the church and can't have an open flame there. 


There are just so many options for the cute vinyl faces that I was sent from Fab Decor.  You should head over and order yours now.  AND don't forget to use the code FABFRIENDS at checkout so that you can get 25 % off your entire order (including sale items!)
Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How super fun and super cute! I love what you did with the cute faces, And how you made them "light" up!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan@Organized31 said...

How adorably scary. I found you via ArtsyFartsyMama.

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

So so cute!! I love what you did with the jars. So fun!

Thanks for sharing at Artsy Corner! Hope to see you again this week :)