Friday, December 7, 2012

DIY Snow Globes

There is something magical about a snow globe.  It is almost therapeutic to watch the glitter fall.  I knew that Lillie would love to help me make them, and I was totally right!  It was a fun activity to put together with her.


Let's get started making them.  This is easy, really!

First Gather your supplies:


  • Glitter
  • Old Jars (I used a mason jar and an old pickle jar that I had)
  • Baby Oil
  • Small Ornaments/Trees
  • Hot glue

Next, you are going to glue your items to the inside of the jar lid.  Make sure they are glued well so that they don't fall off when you are tipping the jar up and down. Fill the jar with baby oil and also add the glitter.  If you put too much in there, it will be hard to see the cute ornaments through the glitter falling.  (I learned this the hard way)  


Last, you are going to glue the lid onto the jar so that it is sealed.  I didn't put enough glue on the inside, so my globes leak and I need to seal it from the outside now.  Learn from my mistake and be VERY generous with the glue inside the lid.

Now you have a beautiful and custom snow globe!



Pin It!

1 comment:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These are so adorable, Jonie! I love the little trees. You chose some really cute items to put inside. I'm going to miss being a part of this group :( Love ya!