Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

To celebrate Cinco De Mayo yesterday, I decided to try a new recipe and BOY did it turn out GOOD!  I made Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos.  I found this recipe over on the blog Our Best Bites.  You can find the recipe here.

We invited my brother over to eat with us and we all loved them....even my daughter.  She couldn't get enough.  The only thing I will change for next time is that I will use less chili powder.  They had quite a kick and a little less chili powder would fix that for us.  It is definitely a "Make-Again" er in our house. 


I used flour tortillas instead of the corn tortillas because I like the taste of the flour tortillas better.  They were so simple to make and pretty dang healthy really.  We paired our Taquitos with some salsa and sour cream, ate pineapple and drank some cherry limeade.  It made for a very tasty evening!


What did you do to celebrate?  Did you try out a yummy recipe too?  I would love to hear about it.  I am always looking for yummy recipes!  Share the link.
Pin It!

3 comments:

The Stells! said...

mmmmm I love those! We make them at our house :)! They are yummy! Although we add more chilli powder because we are spicy crazy people at our house! :)

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

That sounds delicious! I think I'll have to go check the recipe out! Hope you're feeling wonderful.
xoxo,
Amy
p.s. we need to lunch again soon!

Stephanie said...

How funny, this is what we had for dinner tonight. I made them once a little over a month ago with the corn tortilla shells, but I have to agree that the flour ones are better!