Friday, October 26, 2012

My Craft Room {2}

I think it is a necessity for every woman to have a place that she can call her own.  Some may claim the kitchen table, some are in a closet.  I am fortunate to have an entire room that I call my very own.  Welcome to my craft room.


This is something that I have been working on for a VERY long time.  I am talking two and a half years.  This isn't something that just happened overnight.  Bit by bit and piece by piece I have made this a place that I love to use to create and inspire.


I think the most common misconception about decorating is that it has to be expensive.  It doesn't have to be.  Let me show you where I saved my money.


I found all of these things at my local thrift store (the DI) and for very affordable prices as you can see.  The table was my splurge, but at $40, I felt that it was a great find.  The table is counter height and is about 4 1/2 feet square.  It is my main creating surface.  I already told you about my bookcase, but in case you need a refresher, you can click over and take a look at it again.  The chair, I love it.  I do a lot of up and down while doing projects, and it is nice to have something that is pretty much the perfect height for me to lean on or sit on whichever I decide to do.  The vintage patterns were something that I knew I wanted, but didn't have any idea where I would get them.  One day while I was at the thrift store, I happened to see a very large pile of them.  I went through and chose my favorites, and at .25 a piece, I knew I couldn't lose.  I really love the way they look displayed on my peg board.


Do you want to see where I started?  This is what the room looked like when the previous owners lived here.  (Yes, I was the crazy lady that went through and took pictures of every single room when we were walking through because I wanted to show everyone the house we were looking at.)  I am only showing you Craft Area "a" and will save the other half of the room for another day.


Big difference, huh.  Just you wait until you see the rest of the room. :)  Just so that you can assimilate yourself, the door would be to the right of this photo.  The table is the first thing that you see when you walk into the room.


 There are a ton of little details that I love, but let's start with my jars from IKEA.  I love the way my loose ribbons look folded up inside of the jars.  It is a great way to keep them organized and still be able to see what I have.


I also love the way I have my scissors and tools hung up.  I bought the holder at Home Depot when I bought the peg board (which I spray painted yellow and am SO glad because I love the cheery color and the way it brightens the room.)


I have a love of bakers twine.  I bought mine from Pick Your Plum when they had it as the deal for the day.  If they ever have it for sale, buy it from them because it really is the best value for your money.  The pink basket is one that I got from Target in the dollar section a while ago.  It holds all of my washi tape (I told you I love it.) and some assorted pretty spools of thread.


One of my very favorite things EVER is my shelf.  I found this awesomeness at Robert's Craft when they were going out of business.  I snatched up 5 of them.  No really.  Do you want to see what my sister did with one of them?  You really should go look at her nursery that my mom did for her.  You can find it over on my mom's blog (that she doesn't actually write....we (my sister's and I) just thought that everyone should be able to see the awesome projects that my mom does.)  Anyway, when I got it, it was a really gross green color.  I painted it this awesome sea foam color and put some vinyl on it.  In the end, I really really really love it.


So? What do you think?  Would you like to come craft with me?  I am always looking for people to do projects with me :)

If you have any questions about anything, let me know.  I am happy to answer them for you!
Pin It!

15 comments:

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I have to laugh because I recognize some of those patterns as ones I donated to the DI. :) They are at least very similar. My mother-in-law gave me a bunch of them and the ones I was never going to use ended up being donated. LOL. The room is amazing Jonie. I wish mine were half as organized. I really need to get rid of some of my stuff. ;)
xoxo

collette said...

Love it! I'm dying to get my craft room done/organized. I'm hoping to have it somewhat done by Thanksgiving. Thanks for the ideas. :)

Nancy at maddalee™ said...

Very fun room, thank you for sharing all your great design and hard work!

Have a good day, Nancy

Jesseca said...

Those colors are so perfect! I'm pinning this for sure!

Leanne said...

I love, love, love your craft room and can't wait to see the rest of it. i just want to come over and craft with you now. Too bad I don't live closer. I really love the colors you chose and you found some great deals.

Lindsay Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Jonie, your craft room looks amazing!!! I love it!! So jealous :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Gorgeous space, Jonie! I love that stool (seriously drooling over here :) Great use of color, especially the yellow peg board. Can't wait to see the rest of the room!

Candice said...

I literally gasped when I saw the first photo of this room. It is AMAZING!! Love it so much. pinned!

Staci said...

I LOVE your space. The colors are perfect and I LOVE your shelf! I think I need one too!!! I'll come craft with you anytime.

Dawn said...

LOVE IT!! Just the inspiration I needed to get organized!

Kristin said...

Love your yellow peg board =) Very pretty!

Unknown said...

I LOVE these colors! It's so warm and clean, just perfect!

Unknown said...

Rock on!

littlecherokee said...

love your craft room! my hubby brings me home chairs, tables, bookshelfs, and all kinds of great finds..he is such a dear. i just wish my craft / art room was as neat and clean as yours! right now i am building a dollhouse and funiture for my granddaughter. i also enjoy painting. i give my art away and never have tried to sell it..i just like making other people smile!

Michelle Sparrow said...

Love this room! What colour is the yellow you used for the peg board? I have been looking for a colour to spray paint my peg board and that would be prefect!